Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Delight in someone's BIG MOMENT and make it your Little Moment

As a freelance and an Assistance Photographer, I capture the moments in a woman's life where she is the Princess for a day.  Where the day finally comes true that she has been planning since putting on that first Disney Princess Dress at age 5 comes true.  I am fortunate to be the one who is like the spectator in on the fun, behind the scenes, making it happen. 

Within these Weddings I shoot, I find myself daydreaming during down times.  Scrolling through the pictures I have taken thus far, I look at how beautiful the bride is and how much in love with her the groom is.  I crack a smile and think to myself "someday, that will be me". 

In these Weddings are BIG Moments that are my Little Moments I get to capture.... the first dance, the Father/Daughter/Mother/Son Dances and I think "I can't WAIT to do these things and have my big day!"

In my first marriage, we held a small ceremony of only 20 people.  And even then, my husband's brother didn't even show.  A small luncheon was held after the nuptials were over and then out we went.  No reception, no dancing... with my husband or my father.  This is something I can't let out of my sight.  When I find my true love, I want to dance with him like no one else in the world is around.  It's just me and him.  I want to dance with my father to show him I am still, and always will be, his little girl.  And this time around, I will dance with my son.  He is the strength in me to keep fighting!  So I look at my Weddings that I shoot as practice for my very own.  Because when that time comes, I'll know exactly what to do!!

-Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment